Updated on 19/02/2018
ANSES at the 2018 Paris International Agricultural Show
Organised by : AnsesFrom 24/02/2018 to 04/03/2018
Place : Exhibition Centre - Porte de Versailles - Paris
Public : Open to all
Agriculture at ANSES: collective assessment at work!
Since its creation, ANSES has always fully participated in the Paris International Agricultural Show (SIA). This year, the Agency will offer several educational workshops, storytelling sessions and interactive quizzes for families to help them understand how science helps protect people every day.
An area dedicated to professionals
Once again this year, an area will be devoted to professionals, conducive to meetings and discussions on the Agency’s work. Topics will include: the marketing of regulated products, worker protection, tools for professionals, etc.
Become an ANSES staff member for the day and conduct your very own health investigation!
Every day for the 10 days of the show (in French).
These investigations are based on actual cases that ANSES has had to handle in the past. You can be a specialist in animal health, plant health and/or food safety:
- Le goûter d’anniversaire(“The birthday party”) - investigate with our experts to find the cause of food poisoning in guests at a birthday party.
- Le mystère du champ maudit(“The mystery of the ill-fated field”) - discover what scientists must do to identify the disease responsible for the sudden death of a cow.
- Qui sauvera Communeville ? (“Who will save Communeville?”) - take part in an investigation to find out why a town’s inhabitants are complaining of allergies and what can be done to prevent this, using a biological control solution.
- Les agents de biocontrôle (“Biocontrol agents”) - A fun workshop for young and old alike to help understand the different types of agents involved in biological control.
Join us under the ANSES tree, for two wonderful storytelling sessions every 15 minutes (in French):
- Au pays des bulles(“In the land of bubbles”) is intended to teach young children about the importance of physical exercise to stay healthy;
- Entre deux eaux(“Mid-water”) will get them to think about how to use water responsibly.
There will also be quizzes to test your knowledge and that of your friends and family, films about ANSES and the work conducted there, etc.
A conference will be held in thearea devoted to professionals (Ateliers pratiques) - in French
Saturday 24 February from 2:30 to 3:00 pm: L’Anses au service d’une alimentation saine et durable (“ANSES: working for a healthy and sustainable diet”)
Hall 4 - Aisle D - Stand no. 097
Click here for further information on how to get to the Paris Agricultural Show