Assessment of substances and processes subject to authorisation in human food
Thematic Working Group
The Working Group (WG) on "Assessment of substances and processes subject to authorisation in human food" reports to the Expert Committee (CES) on "Assessment of the physical and chemical risks in food".
It is tasked with responding to risk assessment questions put to the Agency in the framework of instructions falling within a regulatory context:
- assessment of the health risks associated with chemicals in foods originating from food contact materials and articles;
- assessment of the health risks associated with additives and processing aids used in human food;
- assessment of the health risks associated with novel foods and novel ingredients;
- establishment or revision of guidelines for preparing submission dossiers for food contact materials or processing aids;
- health monitoring in areas for which it is responsible, regulatory support.
Access the list of this Working Group's Opinions and Reports
Chair: Claude ATGIE
Vice-Chair: Nicolas CABATON
Georges C. LOGNAY
View the experts' PDIs