Updated on 14/12/2015
Chemical mixtures: challenges for research and risk assessment
Organised by : BfR/DTU/ANSESFrom 10/12/2013 to 11/12/2013
Place : Maison de la RATP - Espace du Centenaire - Paris - France
Public : Open to all
BfR/DTU/ANSES Scientific Conference – Chemical mixtures: challenges for research and risk assessment
Humans are exposed to multiple substances in their surrounding environment including food, water, air, soil and consumer goods. In the last decades the possible effects of chemical mixtures on humans and on the environment have become a major concern in many countries across the world. This is why scientific experts and risk managers are increasingly addressing this challenge both in supporting research programmes and developing new methodologies to assess risks.
On this issue, several recent reports have highlighted research needs both in Europe(1) and in the US (e.g. Mixtures research at NIEHS, Nov 2012).
ANSES is organizing with key European and international partners a conference on the state of the art on chemical mixtures bringing together researchers and scientists from European and cross Atlantic agencies to stimulate international exchange of practices and research knowledge.
The conference will address the following questions:
- Recent and current knowledge on the effects of chemical mixtures on human health taking into consideration the various classes of chemical substances, the different exposure routes and the existing experimental data
- Risk assessment methods of chemical mixtures
- The sources of uncertainties and main knowledge gaps on which future research should focus
- The validity of models to predict combined effects, experimental proof and practical use that can be made of them
Opportunities for risk assessment of chemical mixtures (including the issue of cumulative vs. aggregate risk assessment) .
Registration is closed.
(1) State of the art report on mixture toxicity, Dec. 2009, Kortenkamp, Backhaus, Faust; Opinion on the Toxicity and Assessment of chemical mixtures, SCHER, SCCS, SCENHIR, 2012
For more information
Maison de la RATP - Espace du centenaire
189, rue de Bercy - 75012 Paris - France
By public transport:
- Gare de Lyon (lines 1 and 14), exit 15
- or Gare d’Austerlitz (lines 5 and 10).
- Gare de Lyon, lines A and D
lines 20, 24, 29, 57, 61, 63 et 91.
"Périphérique", exit: Porte de Bercy, direction Paris-Centre/Gare de Lyon.
- Public car park (VINCI ), 1 min walk.