Nanomaterials and food, environmental and occupational health
Thematic Working Group
The working group (WG) on "Nanomaterials and food, environmental and occupational health" reports to the Expert Committee (CES) on the assessment of the risks related to physical agents, new technologies and development areas.
More specifically, this working group's mission is to:
- regularly produce a review of the state of knowledge on any potential health and environmental risks associated with manufactured nanomaterials, for all their uses;
- detect emerging signs of hazards and risks associated with manufactured nanomaterials, for all their uses;
- contribute to the investigation of requests for expert assessment made to the Agency;
- provide recommendations on areas for future research mainly intended to help with the Agency’s call for research proposals on environment and occupational health;
- support the Agency in its dialogue with society in the area of risks associated with manufactured nanomaterials.
Chairman: Eric GAFFET
Vice-chairman: Fabrice NESSLANY