Research & Reference Division
The Managing Director General for the Research and Reference Division coordinates the various Agency entities with activities in these areas. he is supported by the Director for Strategy and Programmes, who is under his hierarchical authority, and the various laboratory directors.
The Deputy Director General for the Research and Reference Division is responsible for proposing the scientific strategy of the laboratories for research, reference and health surveillance, defined in conjunction with the general orientations of the departments in charge of risk assessment or regulated products.
He is supported by the Strategy & Programmes Department in:
- proposing the laboratories' multi-year scientific orientations and coordinating their annual planning exercises;
- developing scientific partnerships with other health agencies and research establishments, especially among the members of the R31 network;
- contributing to the implementation of the laboratories' international partnerships policy in conjunction with the European and International Affairs Department;
- proposing the framework for partnerships with private stakeholders;
- proposing and implementing the policy for exploiting biological resources, results and know-how from the Agency's laboratories;
- initiating, supporting and coordinating actions contributing to the harmonisation, promotion and dissemination of methods, products, resources and data from the laboratories;
- ensuring efficiency of the various schemes, and compliance with ethical standards and professional conduct when carrying out work.
In conjunction with the Quality & Internal Audit Department, he provides support with quality assurance processes and implementation of the laboratories' risk control plan.
The Research & Reference Division therefore includes:
- The Strategy & Programmes Department
- The Fougères Laboratory
- The Nancy Laboratory for Hydrology
- The Lyon Laboratory
- The Niort Laboratory
- The Dozulé Laboratory for Equine Diseases
- The Ploufragan-Plouzané Laboratory
- The Nancy Laboratory for Rabies and Wildlife
- The Maisons-Alfort Laboratory for Animal Health
- The Plant Health Laboratory
- The Laboratory for Food Safety
- The Sophia-Antipolis Laboratory
Head of the Research & Reference Division: Gilles Salvat, Managing Director General