Science for Expertise Division
The Managing Director General for the Science for Expertise Division coordinates the activities of the Risk Assessment Department, the Social Sciences, Expertise & Society Team, the Health Monitoring & Alerts Department and the Research & Science Watch Funding Department. He acts as the link with the Agency's Scientific Board and its chairman, and prepares its meetings.
He is responsible for:
- defining the Agency's scientific foundations;
- overseeing the community of experts gathered together in the expert committees (CESs) and working groups (WGs, GECU), as well as preparing for their renewal;
- supervising the health monitoring and alert activities;
- carrying out scientific coordination for cross-cutting themes, in particular by organising scientific seminars;
- supervising scientific events organised or co-organised by ANSES (excluding actions carried out directly by the laboratories);
- overseeing research funding and planning activities, whether as part of the National Research Programme for Environmental and Occupational Health (PNR EST), or coordination of the R31 network and monitoring activities;
- preparing the general orientations of the Agency's work programme.
The Science for Expertise Division thus includes:
- The Social Sciences, Expertise & Society Team
- The Health Monitoring & Alerts Department
- The Research & Science Watch Funding Department
- The Risk Assessment Department
Head of the Science for Expertise Division: Gérard Lasfargues, Managing General Director