Social Sciences, Expertise & Society Team
The Social Sciences, Expertise & Society Team is placed under the hierarchical authority of the Deputy Director General for the Science for Expertise Division. It is responsible for developing and coordinating the contribution of the social sciences to the Agency's expert appraisal activities and fostering and strengthening interactions with stakeholders (citizen groups, trades unions, business federations, etc.) as part of the missions of contributing to public debate provided for by Article R. 1313-1, 3° of the French Public Health Code.
In particular, the role of the Social Sciences, Expertise & Society Team includes:
- Participating in risk assessment activities by providing and coordinating expertise in the social sciences (sociology, political science, economics, law, psychology, etc.);
- Developing collaborations with partners outside the Agency in the field of the human and social sciences;
- Coordinating groups of experts in the social sciences set up on specific themes;
- Developing and leading collaborations with academic teams in the field of the social sciences, in particular through the establishment of research and development agreements;
- Promoting the activities and work in the social sciences carried out by the Agency to national and international partners;
- Participating in the implementation of the National Research Programme for Environmental and Occupational Health (PNR EST) in the disciplines concerned;
- Organising the missions of contributing to public debate laid down by Article R. 1313-1, 3° of the French Public Health Code;
- Carrying out a society watch focusing on the Agency's work themes and positioning;
- Coordinating the stakeholder dialogue committees and bodies set up by the Agency;
- Coordinating the interactions with stakeholders during expert appraisals and assisting with implementation of the undertakings laid down by the Charter on the openness to society of expertise, in conjunction with the Agency's internal teams and partners;
- Contributing to the debate on the relationship between science and society and on the development of the expert appraisal process.
Head of Unit: Benoit Vergriette