Twinning and cooperation initiatives, and assistance missions
The Agency implements initiatives to develop France's cooperation by mobilising and promoting national expertise. In line with French strategic and geographical priorities, ANSES's cooperation and technical assistance policy meets two objectives:
- support for strengthening and modernising partner countries' structures,
- improve knowledge of their health situation, which is particularly important in a context of increased globalisation of trade and movements of people.
ANSES's initiatives are therefore in line with the following strategies:
- French official development assistance, its geographical principles and priorities
- France's global health strategy (2017-2021)
- European and international strategy of the Ministry of Agriculture and Food for 2018-2022
- Strategic plan of the Directorate General for Health (DGS) for 2017-2019
The Agency contributes to France's and Europe's international influence strategies through cooperation, training and capacity development. These actions provide opportunities to position French and European expertise and better align approaches and methods between the countries concerned and France or Europe. They are undertaken either on ANSES's initiative or in response to requests, particularly:
- from public authorities in France (the Agency's supervisory ministries as well as the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs) and Europe (via the TAIEX programme for example);
- from French embassies abroad and foreign embassies in France;
- from foreign partners;
- via our mandates as reference centres or laboratories (EU, FAO, OIE, WHO);
- from international organisations (FAO, OIE, WHO, EPPO).
This mobilisation takes the form of many specific measures, such as expert appraisal missions in third countries, training in France or in third countries, hosting of scientific or technical staff within the Agency for variable periods of time, etc.
They are usually carried out in consultation with and with funding from ANSES's supervisory ministries or international bodies (particularly the FAO or the OIE, as part of the mandates held by ANSES as a collaborating centre or reference laboratory).
ANSES deploys its expertise either directly or through participation in the two public interest groups of the Ministry of Agriculture:
- Adecia – Agency for the Development of International Cooperation in the Areas of Agriculture, Food and Rural Space, and
- FVI – France Vétérinaire international.
|Targeted country||Title of the action|
|Morocco||Control of plant protection products, fertilizers and growing media for the benefit of ONSSA in Morocco|
|Tunisia||Institutional support for the control of health and environmental risks|
|Serbia||Enhancing the capacities of the Serbian authorities in zoonoses and food-borne disease control|
|Azerbaijan||Support to the veterinary services in strengthening the epidemiological surveillance system for animal diseases|
|Lebanon||Strengthening the veterinary services and food safety capacities of the Lebanese Ministry of agriculture|