Updated on 01/12/2017
Call for research projects of the PNREST (National Research Programme on Environmental and Occupational Health): "Radiofrequencies and Health"
From 06/11/2017 to 19/12/2017
On 06 November 2017 ANSES issued a call for research projects on the topic “Radiofrequencies and Health”. It is funded by the proceeds of a tax on radiofrequency transmitters.
This call is being issued within the framework of the National Research Programme on Environmental and Occupational Health (PNREST). This programme aims to motivate scientific communities to produce useful data at all stages of health risk assessment and thus to bring research and scientific expertise closer together.
The selection process will be divided into two stages:
- an initial selection on the basis of letters of intent,
- a second round of selection based on complete applications.
The call for projects and the research questions
The scope and conditions are described in the text of the call for research projects (in French). It is accompanied by a list of research questions that have been identified as high-priority areas for potential users of this research. These questions are the topics that this call aims to document. Four research areas are addressed:
- Action mechanisms at the cellular level.
- Effect of radiofrequencies.
- Characterisation of exposure.
Project submission terms
Letters of intent and complete applications must be submitted using the online submission platform: http://recherche.anses.fr
The platform for the submission of 2018 applications has been operational since early November 2017.
Provisional timetable for the call
- November 2017: Opening of the call.
- 19 December 2017 at noon: Deadline for submitting letters of intent.
- March 2018: Dissemination of the first selection result, based on the letters of intent, to project managers.
- 19 April 2018 at noon: Deadline for submitting complete applications.
- September 2018: Publication of the final selection results
Letters of intent must be submitted online by the scientific project managers no later than 19 December 2017 at noon, French time.
For those whose letters of intent are selected, complete applications must be submitted by the scientific project managers:
1) Online, no later than 19 April 2018 at noon, French time.
The time of the submission deadline must be respected.
Acknowledge of receipt of electronic applications will be automatically sent to the scientific project managers.
2) Through a certificate confirming receipt of the application, which is published by the platform after the application is submitted. One paper copy of this certificate, with all required signatures, must then be sent by post to the following address no later than 25 May 2018 at midnight:
APR EST 2018
14 rue Pierre et Marie Curie
F-94701 MAISONS-ALFORT cedex
Applications that are incomplete, received after the deadline or do not fulfil the eligibility criteria will not be evaluated.
For administrative or scientific information, please contact the CRP’s support unit by e-mail (by clicking here) or, if needed, by telephone at: +33 (0)1 56 29 18 88 or 52 86
- Before submission of the letter of intent or of the full project, carefully read the text of the call, and in particular the "eligibility criteria" section and annexes with the relevant research topics and "list of chargeable expenses".
- Once finalised, submit the letter or the full project to ANSES using the platform (remember to click on the "soumettre" button). You are strongly advised not to wait until the deadline.