Updated on 01/12/2017
Call for research projects of the PNREST (National Research Programme on Environmental and Occupational Health): "Environmental and Occupational Health"
From 06/11/2017 to 12/12/2017
On 06 November 2017 ANSES issued a call for research proposals on the topic “Environmental and Occupational Health”.
Launched within the framework of the National Research Programme on Environmental and Occupational Health (PNREST), the aim of this call for research proposals is to support public policymaking. It takes into account the research priorities of the national plans for Environmental Health, Occupational Health, Cancer and Ecophyto.
The PNREST aims to motivate scientific communities to produce useful data at all stages of health risk assessment and thus to bring research and scientific expertise closer together. The 2018 call for projects focuses on the assessment and analysis of environmental risks to human health, in the general and worker populations. It will also support projects on risks for ecosystems and quality of environmental media. It is focused on research questions raised by the ministries and State agencies involved in these topics.
This call is funded with budgets allocated to ANSES by the Ministries in charge of the Environment and Labour. This funding is increased by the participation of several co-sponsors: French Environment and Energy Management Agency (ADEME), the multi-agency thematic institute for cancer (ITMO Cancer) as part of the national Cancer Plan, and the Ministry of Agriculture under the Ecophyto plan (in cooperation with the French Agency for Biodiversity). Note that this year, the Ministry of Ecological and Inclusive Transition has decided to allocate a further two million euros, to support research projects on endocrine disruptors.
The 2018 selection process will be divided into two stages:
- an initial selection on the basis of letters of intent,
- a second round of selection based on complete applications.
The call for projects and the research questions
The scope and conditions are described in the text of the call for research projects (in French). It is accompanied by a list of research questions that have been identified as high-priority areas for potential users of this research. These questions are the topics that this call aims to document.
Project submission terms
Letters of intent and complete applications must be submitted using the online submission platform: http://recherche.anses.fr
The platform for the submission of 2018 applications has been operational since early November 2017.
Provisional timetable for the call
- November 2017: Opening of the call.
- 12 December 2017 at noon: Deadline for submitting letters of intent.
- Early February 2018: Dissemination of the first selection result, based on the letters of intent, to project managers.
- 13 March 2018 at noon: Deadline for submitting complete applications.
- September 2018: Publication of the final selection results.
Letters of intent must be submitted online by the scientific project managers no later than 12 December 2017 at noon, French time.
For those whose letters of intent are selected, complete applications must be submitted by the scientific project managers:
1) Online, no later than 13 March 2018 at noon, French time.
2) Through a certificate confirming receipt of the application, which is published by the platform after the application is submitted. One paper copy of this certificate, with all required signatures, must then be sent by post to the following address no later than 25 April 2018 at midnight:
Applications that are incomplete, received after the deadline or do not fulfil the eligibility criteria will not be evaluated.
For administrative or scientific information, please contact the CRP’s support unit by e-mail (by clicking here) or, if needed, by telephone at: +33 (0)1 56 29 18 88 or 52 86
- Before submission of the letter of intent or of the full project, carefully read the text of the call, and in particular the "eligibility criteria" section and annexes with the relevant research topics and "list of chargeable expenses".
- Once finalised, submit the letter or the full project to ANSES using the platform (remember to click on the "soumettre" button). You are strongly advised not to wait until the deadline.