Updated on 06/01/2020
PNR-EST call for research projects on the topic “Environmental and Occupational Health”
From 08/11/2019 to 27/12/2019
On 8 November 2019, ANSES launched a call for research projects (CRP) on the topic “Environmental and Occupational Health”.
Issued within the framework of the National Research Programme for Environmental and Occupational Health (PNR-EST), the aim of this call is to support public policymaking. It takes into account the research priorities of the national plans for Environmental Health, Occupational Health, Cancer and Ecophyto.
The PNR-EST aims to motivate the scientific community to produce useful data at all stages of health risk assessment and thus to bring research and scientific expert appraisal closer together.
The 2020 call for projects focuses on the assessment and analysis of environmental risks to human health, in the general and worker populations. It also supports projects on risks to ecosystems and the quality of different environments. It is focused on research questions raised by ANSES, the ministries and State agencies involved in these topics.
This call for projects is being financed by ANSES from budgets delegated by the Ministries of the Environment, Agriculture and Labour, together with several co-funding partners, including ADEME, ITMO Cancer from the AVIESAN alliance and the Ecophyto Plan. For this 2020 call, the Ministry of the Environment has renewed its allocation of additional funds dedicated to projects focusing on endocrine disruptors.
The 2020 selection process will be divided into two stages:
- an initial selection on the basis of letters of intent,
- a second round of selection based on complete applications.
It involves two committees. The first includes researchers in charge of the scientific evaluation and selection of projects. The second, made up of sponsors, the ministries concerned and other stakeholders, establishes the list of projects to be financed from those selected by the scientific committee.
The call for projects and the research questions
The scope and conditions are described in the text of the CRP. It is accompanied by a list of research questions that have been identified as priority areas for potential users of this research. These questions are the topics that this call aims to document.
Note that certain questions are being given precedence this year as they are of key importance for the steering committee or relate to priorities of the co-funding partners. They are highlighted in red.
Project submission terms
Letters of intent and complete applications must be submitted using the online submission platform: http://recherche.anses.fr
The platform for 2020 applications has been operational since 8 November 2019.
Provisional timetable for the call
- 8 November 2019: Opening of the call.
- 27 December 2019 at noon: Deadline for submitting letters of intent.
- February 2020: Dissemination of the first selection result, based on the letters of intent, to project managers.
- 26 March 2020 at noon: Deadline for submitting complete applications.
- End of September 2020: Publication of the final selection results.
Letters of intent must be submitted online by the scientific project managers no later than 27 December 2019 at noon, French time.
For those whose letters of intent are selected, complete applications must be submitted by the scientific project managers:
1) Online, no later than 26 March 2020 at noon, French time.
2) Then through a certificate confirming receipt of the application, which is published by the platform after the application is submitted. One paper copy of this certificate, with all required signatures, shall then be sent by post to the following address no later than 18 May 2020:
Applications that are incomplete, received after the deadline or do not fulfil the eligibility criteria will not be evaluated.
For administrative or scientific information, please contact CRP support by e-mail (click here) or, if needed, by telephone at: +33 (0)1 56 29 18 88 or 52 86
- Before submission of the letter of intent or of the full project, carefully read the text of the call, and in particular the “eligibility criteria” section and annexes with the relevant research topics and “list of chargeable expenses”.
- Once finalised, submit the letter or the full project to ANSES using the platform (remember to click on the “soumettre” button). You are strongly advised not to wait until the deadline.