Address : Les Templiers, 105, route des Chappes, BP 111 06902 Sophia-Antipolis
Phone : + 33 (0) 4 92 94 37 00
Manager : Richard Thièry
The Sophia-Antipolis Laboratory specialises in the study of diseases of ruminants and bees. It employs nearly thirty people and its research focuses primarily on Q fever, infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR), ruminant pestiviruses, and the major diseases and poisoning phenomena affecting bees.
It helps to improve the health of sheep, goats, cattle and bees. It studies their main diseases and their modes of transmission from field observations. It develops diagnostic tools and preventive measures.
As the reference laboratory for several diseases of ruminants, and for bee health (diseases and pesticide poisoning), it provides scientific and technical support to the veterinary services: sample analysis, provision of reference reagents, monitoring of analytical quality in field laboratories, expert appraisal of commercially available diagnostic tools, etc.
The laboratory is also involved in post-graduate teaching and practical training in biotechnology, cellular engineering and bee health management.
- Bacteriology: Q fever
- Viral, bacterial or parasitic diseases, exotic diseases
- Pesticide poisoning
- Chemical contaminant residues in honey and hive products
European Union Reference Laboratory (EURL)
- Bee health
National Reference Laboratory
- Associate NRL for the analysis of pesticide residues in food of animal origin (such as honey) and products with high fat content
- Bee diseases
- Q fever in animals (see to Inventory of methods for Q fever in animals) World Organisation for Animal Health Reference Laboratory (OIE)
- Bee diseases
- Q fever in animals
- French Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forestry (Directorate General for Food)
- European Union
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Regional Council
- Alpes-Maritimes General (Departmental) Council
- CNRS, INRA, InVS, National laboratory for sanitary controls in breeding (LNCR), French association of directors and managers of public veterinary testing laboratories (ADILVA), Institut Mérial, AES laboratory, universities, veterinary schools, Nice University Hospital…
- Inter-professional organisations: Regional federation of health protection groups (FRGDS), National inter-professional goat-breeders association (ANIC), Bee institute (ITSAP), Animal health certification association (ACSA), National federation of departmental beekeeping health organisations (FNOSAD), French honey-producers union (SPMF), etc.
Bee mortality analyses
Screening for diseases, pathogens and physico-chemical contaminants
Customer sampling form (pdf)