Coordination Group on Mutual and Decentralised Recognition Procedures for Veterinary Medicinal Products (CMDv)
The CMDv is the group that allows national competent authorities to coordinate the registration of veterinary medicinal products in accordance with the mutual and decentralised recognition procedures. It was created by the Member States in 1997 and was formalised in 2005 with Directive 2004/28/EC amending Directive 2001/82/EC. CMDv members meet once a month virtually or in Amsterdam on EMA premises. The EMA provides the secretariat of the CMDv. However, CMDv is not an EMA group but a group of the Network of Heads of Agencies (HMA). It interacts with the CVMP, CMDh (Committee on Medicinal Products for Human Use for Mutual and Decentralised Recognition Procedures) as well as with stakeholder representatives (AhE, Access Vet Med, AVC, FVE).
The CMDv shall be composed of one representative per Member State, including Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, one representative of the European Commission.
The CMDv is currently chaired by France since 2018.
L’Anses/ANMV participates in several groups from HMA:
Joint working groups:
- Benchmarking of European Medicines Agencies Steering Group (BEMA SG)
- EU Network Training Centre (EU-NTC)
- HMA/EMA Task Force on availability of authorised medicines for human and veterinary use
- HMA/EMA Joint Audit Programme (JAP)
- Working Group on Enforcement Officers (WGEO)
- Working Group of Quality Managers (WGQM)
- Regulatory Optimisation Group (ROG)
Veterinary Working Groups:
- European Surveillance Strategy Working Group (ESS WG)
- HMAV Task Force on coordination of the Implementation of the Veterinary Regulation (TFCIVR)
- Pharmacovigilance Working Party — Veterinary (PhVWP-v)